Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Rules and Signup
Monday, September 26
– Sign up begins for Pumpkin
Contest begins. You must sign up either at the library or through this Google link:
– Eligible participants for the contest are children in grades K-12.
Monday, October 10
– Pick up your pumpkins and decorate them! You can use material around your house, such as magazines, tissue paper, noodles and crayons.
– Some materials will be supplied by the library.
– Bring your decorated pumpkins back to the library by Monday, October24!
Monday, October 24
– Voting Begins!! Bring your pumpkins back to the library by this date and we will display them for patrons to vote for their favorites in the library.
– We will also take a picture and post a link to vote for them online.
– The community can vote for a pumpkin in each category by grades K-5, 6-8 and High School.
– One winner will be chosen from each category and will be announced on Halloween!
Monday, October 31 –
– Winners will be announced!
110+ Languages Are At Your Fingertips:
Transparent Language Online is now available FREE for Melvindale Library card holders!
Whether you’re starting at the very beginning with a new alphabet or you’re an intermediate learner looking to enhance your vocabulary and grammar knowledge, Transparent Language Online can help. Available for learning 110+ languages, plus English (ESL) materials for native speakers of 30+ languages, the program has something for everyone.